Thursday 19 February 2009

I'm still waiting...

... For my parcel of goodies to arrive from Paddock's. I got as far as I could with the springs last night, but eventually had to give up as I had run out of shackle bolts. My old friend Mr A Grinder had been out and about when I stripped her down, and couldn't get some of the spring bolts to release, hence the shortage.

Talking of Mr A Grinder, I splashed out on a new one last week. The old £10 machine that had survived the original rebuild, then NOG's rebuild, as well as lots of odd jobs for other people, to say nothing of re-silling the farm Rangie, has finally been condemed. Ironicaly it still runs fine, but the spindle lock broke, and without it, changing disks is a near impossibity. The new toy is Wickes top brand - five year warrenty, adjusting quick release guard, and will take a 5" disk. From the shape, I think it is a badged Matika, at a rather lower price. Time will tell how it lasts.

As for Bitsa hopefully my box of stuff will come tomorrow, as I can then get her rolling. If not, plan B involves finally doing that cambelt followed by making a gearbox out of three broken ones, and mateing it up to the engine. I hate gearboxes. I hate broken ones even more. I hate working on broken gearboxes at 2am lots and lots, and guess what I see coming. I do however have a Bob Dylan CD all ready and waiting. (For those who don't know, here is the orignal blog post.)

No comments: