Friday 27 February 2009

A belting time of it...

Yep, I've finally done that cambelt.

And yes it was a pain in the neck to do. Why Landrover ever abandoned the simple and effective chain timing on the 2.25 engine's is totally beyond me. The belts are just so vunerable by comparison and boy, are they are fun to fit...

It seems that not all belts are equal, and I ended up having to tweak the injector pump timing... eventually I got it running right.

After a sesion with the grinder that would have left HSE reps speachless, I eventually removed the fan, and cut the water pump nose pulley down to the point where hopefully it will clear the radiator... (say's he with boundless optimism).

I've yet to dig the front panel out from the pile of bits, so I'll find out shortly.

Plans for the weekend include sorting out some sort of exahust, bumper, and the brakes...

No comments: