Sunday 22 February 2009

And she runs...

A rather brief post this, as the boat's inverter low warning buzzer is telling me its time to turn the computer off before the cabin batteries actually give out.

Anyway, I now have a running 200di, sat in the rolling chassis, mated to a decent gearbox. I've only test run her for a few seconds, as there is not cooling system as yet, and I've still got to do that jolly cambelt,. but so far so good.

Literally everything has gone fine today - apart from a sticking non-return valve on the fuel system. The fun that caused... I spent nearly an hour trying to work out why it wasn't filling the fuel filter when I worked the lift pump... and all it took for a cure was to manually stick my finger over the end of the pipe when the pump was on its return stroke for a few pumps, and problem solved. You live and learn...

No comments: