Friday 13 March 2009

Two steps forward - one step back.

I finally plumbed the brakes up on Tuesday, bled them, and got what seemed at least reasonable pedal. Imagine my joy on ariving the yard last night and finding that the all the fluid had escaped. Looks like I've got a dead wheel cylinder, so tomorrow's mission will probably involve sorting that. I've also got to retorque NOG's head gasket, and would like to fix her handbrake. This item seems to be a constant source of trouble - it is more often broken than working. Hill starts when the engine is cold and running rough are rather more than fun without it...

In other news, my regular readers, if such I have, may be interested to know that this site is getting a revamp. I'm currently building a test version of a new front page, which will allow me to distance myself from the blogger default front page that is currently in use. This will have various virtues (no-redirect from the domian name for one), and should also allow me to maintain a seperate NOG blog, which I can intergrate into the front page. If others with landy blogs are interested, in theory I could gradually turn the SeriesLandrover pages into a portal that houses several different Landy blogs, and possibly other content... Once I have a front page that seems to work robustly, I'll change over from the redirect page, and see how things go...

No comments: