Wednesday 22 April 2009

Its insurered at last.

Everything has gone a bit quiet this months. There are various reason - I spent getting on for two weeks boating, (its just great being able to fire up the engine of one's home, and be under way in minuites...), and the fact that NOG ate a rear halfshaft with a big bang the other night (result - misery, and and evening of trying to get the broken bit out of the diff).

The main reason however has been "Insurance, the white man's burden" (as the Goon show dubed it). Basically, Bitsa is now pretty much finished. She still needs a few jobs doing, mostly electrics, but she is pretty much a complete drivable entity, that I can imagine taking to the MOT without being laughed out of the place.

However, I was skint, and it seemed that Insurance is expensive, especially with a 200 under the bonnet. Best quote I got was about £450 from Lancaster(everyone else wanted £1000+). A months worth of living on beans on toast, and putting rusty pennies in the jam jar, and I've finally found some cash... so I phoned up today, and was told that they now only wanted £350... result. Obviously, an extra month of living has made me so much safer a driver, I'm now only 4/5ths of the risk I was last month.

Anyway, looks like this weekends mission is to throw the rest of the truck back together, and get it ready for a vist to the MOT man...

No comments: