Sunday 19 October 2008

I'm now a wizz

... at doing Reliant front brakes.

Reliants Robin/Rialto's basically do all the stopping on the single front wheel, which has a rather small and tiny drum brake. This means that I get through a set of shoes somewhere in the region of one set every 3 months. Depending on the shoe type, this can also mean a new front brake drum - older riveted shoes tend to wear scores into the drum as they reach the end of their lives, while bonded shoes generally live to fight another day.

It now almost takes longer for me to jack the front of the car up than it does to get the wheel off, shoes out, changed, and back togther...

Sadly, I've still not had time to do anything to Bitsa, and now I've lent out the spring bush tool to a man in greater need than me...

No comments: