Tuesday 30 September 2008

I've still not got any gas...

...but I have now got a rather fancy spring eye bashing tool - on loan from Mike Buss (top chap BTW). Very handy looking thing, I'll probably find out if it works on Saturday. 

I've also been having fun with a Stage 1, not that its mine. Someone has put an 80s Jap diesel under the bonnet, and I was amusing myself trying to get most of a transit exahust and a bit of flexi pipe mounted underneath, to repace a really nasty mess that mostly consisted of a 2.25P silencer and half the nissan exahust, welded together in the middle.

I've also got to fix a novel problem with the rat - idle speed when warm is about 3000rpm, and it runs along a 35mph in top without any feet on the pedals. I've not altered anything except the manifolds recently - I swaped an exahust manifold, and thereby had to remove and repace the inlet side - maybe I've unwittingly fixed an air leak that had been causeing a poor idle, which a P/O had masked by turning the idle screw up a bit - apart from that I've no ideas...

No comments: