Sunday 17 April 2011

Now fully dismembered...

First job this morning was to head off and collect the new chassis from storage. The tow motor is on loan, I've not gone to the dark side, despite the luxury 90's opulence of the Vogue SE 4 door I've borrowed...

Big thanks to Adam, who came across to help me today.

I've now got two gearbox in bits, and enough good parts that with some new bearings (on order now) I should be able to build a pretty sound box up.

With Adam's help, the bulkhead has been unbolted and was lifted back a few inches (the fence post was to stop it falling over)...

...then with tactical use of the telehandler, off it went to storage at the other side of the yard.

The engine followed suit shortly afterwards. During a lull in proceedings, I changed the turbo for a better one - hopefully this will stop the long-standing problems with sump pressure from blowing turbo seals.

Meanwhile, Adam had given the new chassis another coat of paint. (The rear cross-member is unpainted as I intend to fit a civilian spec one).


Finally, a major offensive with the windy gun and telehandler saw the old chassis outside the workshop, pretty much devoid of useful parts...

No comments: